Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my fellow Americans. I have many things to be thankful for this year - health, happiness, family, love and the two most amazing dogs in the world...and a couple of pretty awesome kitties too. 

To my critters - I thank you furry little creeps for keeping my head above water on the days that I feel like life has conspired against me, for reminding me that there is ALWAYS a reason to get up in the morning, and for loving me no matter how grumpy or unlovable I may be at times. For all the laughter you've given me, for all the unfailing loyalty you've shown me, for the times you've kept me from danger (Corvus, that means you, buddy!), I love you all to the moon and back.

Now, if only they could read. Ha! I'm pretty sure they understand that I love them though, especially when I tell them with (small amounts of white meat) turkey.


*Disclaimer and friendly reminder - many Thanksgiving foods can be dangerous for dogs. Please remember that cooked bones are UNSAFE, and that too much turkey (especially skin and dark meat) can cause pancreatitis. Avoid chocolates, raisins, grapes, onions, nuts, heavily seasoned foods, and fatty foods. For a full list of common Thanksgiving foods that can be hazardous, be sure to check Google.


No comments:

Post a Comment