Saturday, November 22, 2014

My Bully Mart Collar Is Here!


So, the Maddox Lux 1.5" collar I won in a Bully Mart auction last month arrived today. I LOVE the color of the leather - Canyon Tan. I wasn't sure I'd like it, but it's quickly growing on me.

My first impression of the collar is that while the craftsmanship is wonderful, the leather feels "different". Even though it's a double layer collar, it feels lightweight and somehow, just not as sturdy as what I'm used to with Ella's Lead's leather. Call me spoiled, but there is a noticeable difference in the quality of the leather. I don't know how to describe it really, other than it just feels different.

The other thing that is a minor aggravation is that the Celtic knot conchos are just a miniscule bit larger than the top strip of leather so there is a tiny bit of overhang. Probably not noticeable to the average person, but I have some issues with OCD, and this is one of those things that will drive me crazy if I don't stop looking at it.

The hardware on the collar is impressive - it feels nice and sturdy, and my initial feelings are that it will hold up to the banging and battering that Corvus will put it through.

All in all, I like the collar. It was a fair price, and I would probably buy another collar from them through their online auctions, which is a great way to get their collars at a price much lower than what they charge on their website. I'd give this collar a 7 out of 10 stars. 








No comments:

Post a Comment