Saturday, November 8, 2014

The Lunacy of Pit Bull Haters


This is the sound of crazy. Of lunacy. Of irrational hatred for a dog that someone doesn't even know. THIS is breed prejudice, and it lives across the street from me.

A little background on the clip, my neighbors, and me and my dogs:

Jeff was outside checking the mail when the neighbors called him over. (The woman in the audio shall be addressed as Madea, from here on out because I don't actually  know her real name, but she reminds me of Madea from the Tyler Perry movies.) Madea starts rambling about me, so Jeff pretended to have a phone call buzzing in and set his phone to record.

Things to clarify -

  • Madea and her family are hermits. They do not socialize with anyone in the neighborhood, they stay in their house almost 24/7. Prior to this incident, we had zero interaction with them for at least 3 months, if not more.
  • The family consists of Mama Madea and her two sons, both of whom are in their 40's. Her "baby" that she was concerned about working on the motor is a 300 lb adult man. 
  • Most importantly - My dogs were on leashes, under full control. In my own yard. As they always are. They were both focused on me, as they were awaiting their treats that were in my pocket. How that means I was trying to intimidate someone is beyond me. Also,  My dogs have never, I repeat NEVER been in their yard. The same cannot be said about their dogs, who have on more than one occasion, been in my yard. 
  • There is almost zero history with these people aside from an occasional nod if we happen to both be outside at the same time, which is practically never. Jeff has talked to them once or twice, in attempts to be a nice neighbor. 
  • There is no history of my dogs being a problem for ANYONE.  They are contained properly, handled responsibly, and are not a menace or a disturbance for anyone. Ditto has never tried to bite anyone, so for this insane woman to declare "That bulldawwwg WILL bite" is just more lunacy.
  • "Hannah", the dog she claims I killed, was my 8 year old great dane that had been euthanized seven months earlier due to cancer, among a myriad of other problems. Anyone who knows great danes knows that eight years old is sadly, a long life span for a giant breed dog. Especially for the problems Hannah contended with. We euthanized her when she could no longer stand or walk on her own.
So, yes, this is the voice of pit bull hatred and irrational behavior. She hates my dogs so much because of what reason exactly? One will never know. She's never met them, never seen them any closer than 50 yards away, and has never EVER had any reason to complain about them because they are responsibly kept. 

She's just, as others of her irrational bully breed hating kind, bat shit crazy.  I will be following up this blog post sometime soon with a collection of other pit bull hating lunacy. I just don't have the capacity to deal with any more at the moment. It's been one of those weeks. I'd rather go spend some time curled up on the couch with my beloved dogs.



No comments:

Post a Comment