Friday, November 28, 2014

It's Black Dog Friday

Black Friday at my house is usually synonymous with "Extreme Introvert Day." I don't particularly enjoy the public, and I most definitely do not enjoy crowds. And, since my boss saw fit to not bestow Christmas bonuses upon us quite yet, it was also not a day of much online shopping. Boo. 

So, what's a girl to do? Well, it was sunny today so I decided to try for a few photos of the creeps. Even though it was sunny, it was cold as balls...so the photo session was quite brief. I should also add that Corvus was extra cranky and thus, uncooperative. 

Yeah, about this dog. He's kind of a douche.

The barking starts in 3....2....

....1

And that's how photographing this asshole went today.

Ditto was a little bit more cooperative, but not much. She was in bouncy land. Too many squirrels out and about foraging for acorns and pecans and such to really hold her attention for long. I have come to the very depressing realization that on a dog scale of 1-10 for interesting, I fall somewhere between a 0 and a 10 depending on what is in my hands or in my pockets. If I have no treats, I am a goose egg. If I have treats and there are no external distractions (strangers, squirrels, aliens, unicorns, etc), I am the single most interesting creature on the planet. If there are external distractions, it's a toss up.

Despite the squirrels, Ditto is pretty photogenic so in spite of my shitty understanding of camera settings, I think I got a couple decent ones. Definitely not the best, but hey, I said she was in bouncy land, damn it.


I kind of like this one.

All in all, it was a pretty crappy day, LOL. I did get a bit of Christmas decorating done, and I did get some much needed cuddle time with the dogs, even if they were high on crack for a large portion of the day. I hope to exercise the demons out of them tomorrow, and if the squirrels clear out, try for better photos. 

And a shout out to the Other Half, he got an amazing squirrel shot of one of the little Furry Distractions.

Oh look at me, I have a better camera and photograph things when they're still. Show off.

For now, I think I'm going to head off to watch Elf with the little spawns of Satan. Happy Black Dog Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment