Thursday, December 4, 2014

In a moment of optimism..

I am not a crafty person. I can *think* of things I'd love to make, but thinking and doing are two very, very different monsters.

Part of my problem is that I am a perfectionist. Mentally, anyways. I visualize the end result and that and only that will suffice. The disconnect is that I am not horribly crafty, not horribly talented and DEFINITELY not patient. I get frustrated easily and more often than not, craft time wraps up with me sobbing over the burn barrel while my visions of craft success smolder away into flame and ash. 

So, recently when I was overcome with an urge to JUST.CRAFT.SOMETHING.DAMN IT. I tried to remind myself that I should just go walk a dog or something instead. This too, shall pass. But it didn't. So, me and my grand ideas ventured into Retail Hell on a Saturday to pick up supplies.

Step one involved painting. And then waiting for paint to dry. See above where I mention my lack of patience. I was good, though. I waited until the paint was dry and then applied a second coat. And waited some more. 

Step two involved adhering a very pretty, very sparkly glittery letter to my newly painted surface. I was distracted numerous times by the glitter that fell from the letter onto my freshly painted surface. Oooh, Shiny! NO, focus! I had to make sure I adhered this letter in the center, and perfectly, otherwise my OCD would have a field day with my failure to align the letter "D."

Step three involved screwing three sets of hooks into my newly painted and decorated surface. THIS WAS THE BASTARD I DREADED MOST. Three sets of hooks, all taunting me with their ability to move and be crooked. But I persevered. I ignored their jeers. I would succeed, this time. Besides, I didn't have any matches for the burn barrel. 

All in all, I'm fairly happy with the end result. I present to you, my readers, Ditto's new leash and collar rack. 



What sparked my creativity you ask? Two Ella's Lead collars that I've been lusting after and will soon be ordering. They will need some where extra special to hang.
The Absolute Genius McStolly, done in black leather and turquoise stones. *Drool* (Photo borrowed from the Ella's Lead Facebook page)
 

More Drool. (Photo borrowed from the Ella's Lead Facebook page)

1 comment:

  1. Well done :). I wonder if I'm OCD, everything has to be "so so" as well.

    ReplyDelete